Monday, February 23, 2009

How I "Do Church" (Short Version)

I really love the church I attend and I love the people in it. We have diversity in culture, age, education and background. Some have been Christians all their lives, others are new converts. Folks come from a variety of prior traditions. Our congregation is small, and I like it that way. Everybody has the ability to know everybody's business, and I believe that is a good thing. We have been growing and we want to continue to grow, but at the Lord's pace.

We have a one hour period of teaching and discussion (Sunday school), followed by praise, worship, prayer and some of the best preaching I have ever witnessed. We take turns leading the service, reading from and expounding on Scripture. We are all not at the same place as Christians or as a Church this year as last. We have all grown considerably, moved forward. And I believe we will continue in that growth.

We meet in a school building every Sunday morning/afternoon. We are currently searching and praying for a new place to hold our weekly Bible study and prayer meeting. A person would feel equally comfortable wearing jeans and a teeshirt or a suit and tie. Our service is focused on the person of Jesus Christ. We are a non-denominational, Bible believing, New Testament Church.

No comments:

Post a Comment